“I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.”
The Gospel of John 15:5
Before any of us were formed in the womb our Heavenly Father knew us, and loved us, and had a purpose for each of us. His ultimate goal is “that in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.” (Ephesians 2) He wants to pour out love on us forever! That truth is so amazing, so “over the top” that we are convinced we won’t be able to really comprehend it until we fully stand in His presence. But that is why Jesus came. He came to open the way to a restored relationship with the author of Life, Light, Love and all that is good.
The Church at Tree Lake exists to help people come to know the deep love of Jesus Christ and receive the abundant life He calls us to.
We seek to learn to love the Lord our God with all of our hearts and all of our minds and all of our strength. And in doing so we learn to love our neighbor as ourselves. We’re not the biggest Church in the area, but wherever people gather in the name of Jesus He is there. How much bigger can you get?
This is a welcoming place where you will be valued and encouraged along your path in life.
We are a church on mission. Our heartbeat is to reach our community with the Good News of Jesus.
- We broadcast a delayed Sunday morning message on KBBW 1010 AM. That broadcast can be heard at 8AM every Sunday Morning.
- Our church ministry includes Thunderbird Radio hosted by minister Jack Neima This is the only Native American radio program on shortwave radio.
- We support Operation Save America, a Crisis Pregnancy Center of Waco and individual missionaries.
- We are affiliated with the Southern Baptists of Texas Convention and the Waco Regional Baptist Association.
- Each year we distribute Solar Powered Audio Bibles into rural areas of Honduras, Guatemala and Belize where illiteracy is high and electricity is often lacking.
What We Believe
The Bible is God’s Word and should be treated as the authority in all matters that it addresses.
Therefore We Believe
- There is only one God, the creator of Heaven and earth, and He has shown us His character in nature, in the Bible, and most fully in His Son, Jesus.
- People are sinful by nature and by choice, and that sin separates us from God and has brought depravity, disease, and death upon us.
- God so loved the people of the world that He sent His only begotten son, Jesus, to bear the penalty for our sin and offer reconciliation with Him.
- Jesus is the only mediator between God and mankind.
- Jesus was crucified for our sins but as predicted by the Word of God He rose from the grave and now makes constant intercession for those that have faith in Him.
- We cannot work our way to heaven, but eternal life is freely offered through faith in Jesus.
- It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. Hebrews 9:27-28
- It is God’s will that we grow in spiritual maturity until we reflect the nature of Christ Jesus in our character.
- The Church is an important part of the plan of God and should be supported in every way by those that believe in Christ Jesus.
Our Pastor Jeff Wyers and his wife Tammy have been married for over forty years. They began ministering together in a youth group in Alvin Texas before they were even married. They have four grown children and an ever increasing number of grand-children.
Jeff is a Bi-vocational Pastor which means he cannot always accomplish all the pastoral duties he would like but he also recognizes that having ”secular” employment helps keep him grounded with his congregation.
Jason and Rachel Stolle have a deep love for our youth. Their service is firmly rooted in the certainty of the call they received to take on this important role. They are the parents of four great kids.
Leora Howell is so efficient she only has to work part-time. If you don’t get to talk to her when you call just leave a message and she will see to it that it reaches the right people.
Ray and Sandy Butler head our Children’s ministry with love and creativity. They are a dedicated team that brings the gospel to life for our kiddos.
Ministers in Training
Valiant, Josiah and Bo are veteran street evangelists and missionaries. We are blessed to have them serve in various capacities as they round out their ministry training.